Re: [linux-lvm] setting VG UUID

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 08:52:10PM -0500, Navindra Umanee wrote:
Luca Berra <bluca comedia it> wrote:
>After figuring out that my all my PVs were lacking UUIDs, I used this
>hack from Heinz to correct the situation:
>
>http://lists.sistina.com/pipermail/linux-lvm/2002-January/010521.html
>
>(Alasdair also kindly provided a patch to handle the situation in LVM2.)

is it possible to have a copy of this patch?

Up to Alasdair... have you seen this problem too?
not personally, but i had some bug reports of similar problems.

Remember, if your PV is lacking UUIDs, your VG probably is too and
that's going to cause problems as well.
yes, thanks for the useful info.

L.

--