[linux-lvm] combining two vg's into one

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Thu Jan 29 06:15:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 12:30:13AM -0600, Christopher Mark Conn wrote:
> Ken Fuchs <kfuchs at winternet.com> writes:
>

> Thanks Ken, that's one thing I was wondering, is it
> better to keep one vg per pv. Sounds like I'm already
> set up the way I need to be.

I don't think so. One of the major points of LVM is that volumes can span
physical disks and you can transparently add disks to the systems and grow
existing LVs over them.

To merge two Volume Groups, try the "vgmerge" command. The only prerequisite is
that they have the same PE size (which is set at vgcreate time).

--

patrick