[linux-lvm] mixing ext3 and reiserfs on slack upgrade

I'm getting ready to upgrade my slackware
box from 9.1 to 10, have been using reiserfs
with lvm on my two VG's but now I'm thinking
of making the rootvg (one one partition) ext3
and the datavg (on another partition) reiserfs.
The datavg has my home directory.

Here's what I'm unsure about:
let's say after the initial part of the install
I have

rootvg - with updated OS and ext3
datavg - with /home and tar backups as reiserfs

When I boot up will there be any problem with
the upgraded system recognizing datavg with the
old volume group and filesystem? I'll want to
convert it at first, I'm mainly concerned about
getting to it after the upgrade.

Are there any problems with mixing ext3 and
reiserfs on the same system?

Thanks for any advice!

=====
Christopher Mark Conn