[linux-lvm] can't create snapshot on FC2

darren.miller at philips.com darren.miller at philips.com
Mon Jun 7 14:53:41 UTC 2004

Yes I am using it in production.

However I am also using a SGI XFS Development Kernel from their CVS, which
meant that I only added in parts specifically required for snapshots and
nothing else.  some of which I had to manually put in from the .rej files.

But it's all working great.

Daz

Darren Miller
Principal Systems Support Engineer
Microsoft Certified Professional
SCO Advanced Certified Engineer
Infomation Systems Department (Core Server Support)
Philips Semiconductors,Milbrook Industrial Estate,Southampton,SO15
0DJ,England
Direct Dial In: +44 (0) 2380 312681

|         |    Yedidia Klein           |
|         |    <yedidia at jct.ac.il>     |
|         |    Sent by:                |
|         |    linux-lvm-bounces at redhat|
|         |    .com                    |
|         |    07/06/2004 15:25        |
|         |    Please respond to LVM   |
|         |    general discussion and  |
|         |    development             |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                      |
  |           To:   LVM general discussion and development <linux-lvm at redhat.com>                                        |
  |           cc:   (bcc: Darren Miller/SOU/SC/PHILIPS)                                                                  |
  |           Subject:    Re: [linux-lvm] can't create snapshot on FC2                                                   |
  |                                                                                                                      |
  |           Classification:                                                                                            |
  |                                                                                                                      |
  |                                                                                                                      |

Alasdair G Kergon wrote:

>On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 05:45:22PM +0300, Yedidia Klein wrote:
>

>>I'm trying to create snapshot on lvm2 rinning on a fresh Fedora Core 2
>>linux machine
>>

>Fedora doesn't include kernel support for snapshots/mirrors yet.
>
>To use them you'd need to patch your kernel.
>  http://sources.redhat.com/dm/
>
>Alasdair

tnx,
Is anyone using lvm2 snapshot in productions ?
I would like to use it w/ a storage system - is it ready for production ??

--Yedidia Klein