[linux-lvm] filesystem resizing

Alasdair G Kergon agk at redhat.com
Tue Jun 15 17:45:48 UTC 2004

I've checked into CVS the current development version of filesystem
resizing support.  Not ready for production use:
It still needs thorough testing and it's not sufficiently
robust to be included in a release yet.
(e.g. it needs to check the filesystem isn't mounted before fsck
or resizing - or if it is mounted, it should choose an online resizer
if available.  And I haven't got as far as checking the arguments
passed to resizers yet.)

To use it, you add --resizefs (-r) to the lvextend/reduce/resize
arguments.

--nofsck skips the fsck.

Definitions for additional filesystems need adding.

Patches & reports of successful testing (or bugs) welcome!

Alasdair
agk at redhat.com