Re: [linux-lvm] linux 2.6.3 -- device-mapper: dm-linear: Device lookup failed

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 09:01:44AM +0000, Joe Thornber wrote:
> >    kernel: device-mapper: dm-linear: Device lookup failed
>
> This is a serious error, it means that device mapper was asked to
> instance a linear mapping across a non-existent device.  Could you
> turn on verbose logging in the LVM2 tools, and try and find out which
> LV is failing to activate please ?

Once I did this, I quickly learned that LVM2 is perfectly happy with
all of my LVs.  Apparently I managed to install both LVM2 and EVMS, and
it was the latter throwing the errors.  Now that it's gone,
everything's back to normal.

Sorry for cluttering up the list...