[linux-lvm] lvm or lvm2?

Matthew Daubenspeck matt at oddprocess.org
Mon Mar 22 19:29:10 UTC 2004

I am in the process of planning out a medium sized server (500 users,
500GB) to host user accounts in our school district. I will be using
Samba...

Do you think using LVM is a reliable method of sharing home directories?
I have been reading the lists, and I notice that in a lot of cases, if
one drive dies, you usually lose a lot of information.

If so, should I be looking at LVM or LVM2? I haven't seen a comparison
sheet on what 2 offers over the standard...

Thanks for your help.
--
  Matthew Daubenspeck
  http://www.oddprocess.org

14:26:00 up 1 day, 5:44, 1 user, load average: 0.06, 0.02, 0.00