Re: [linux-lvm] Somewhat offtopic: Strange umount problem ....

On Donnerstag, 25. März 2004 19:09, David Johnston wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 09:34, Rainer Krienke wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a problem with 3 server machines
> > I am running 3 NFS and SMB servers which run perfectly stable but
> > show a strange behaviour when rebooting the machines: The
> > filesystems which contain user directories cannot be umounted
> >
> > fuser -v shows only  this:
> > /export/user1        root     kernel mount  /export/user1
>
> Rainer,
> nfsd will do this.  Make sure all of your NFS servers are stopped before
> you try to umount your filesystems.
>
> Does that help?

Thanks for the hint, but unfortunately it was no hit: nfsd has already been
stopped, actually there is no process of which I would assume it could make a
filesystem busy. Here is a list of all processes still running in single user
mode when I *cannot* umount the xfs user filesystem on the lvm2 logical
volume:

http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke/tmp/processes.txt

Does anyone see a suspect in there?

Thanks
Rainer
Rainer Krienke, Universitaet Koblenz, Rechenzentrum, Raum A022
Universitaetsstrasse 1, 56070 Koblenz, Tel: +49 261287 -1312, Fax: -1001312
Mail: krienke uni-koblenz de, Web: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke
Get my public PGP key: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke/mypgp.html