[linux-lvm] does a snapshot change vg metadata?

Wiktor Wodecki wiktor.wodecki at net-m.de
Tue Mar 30 12:06:41 UTC 2004

Hello,

we have a shared scsi system here with one vg and multiple lv's in it. Some
lv's are mounted on machine A, others on machine B. I know that I must not
make vg changes (like shrinking, deleteing, expanding, etc. an lv) while the
vg is active on both machines. My question is whether this "limitation" also
applies to snapshots - Can I take them while the vg is active on two machines
or do I risk data corruption?

I use latest lvm1 kernel patches on a 2.4.24 redhat 9.0 system.

--
Regards,

 Wiktor Wodecki

 net mobile AG - 40470 Duesseldorf - Germany
 923B DCF8 070C 9FDD 5E05  9AE3 E923 5A35 182C 9783