[linux-lvm] LVM on a drive with a bad sector?

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Mon May 24 08:55:52 UTC 2004

I have a drive I was getting ready to change to LVM. When moving all the
old files off I noticed it seems to have a bad sector on the drive.. not
unlikely as I move a lot so the disks take a lot of physical abuse.. but
only that one bad sector. Is there anything special I should do before
using the drive with LVM to mark the sector as bad so that LVM just
works around it? So far there is no evidence that the entire drive is
failing.