Re: [linux-lvm] /boot on lvm?

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 06:31:18PM +0300, Harri Haataja wrote:
Doesn't HP-UX have a setup where you have /stand (IIRC) which will
always reside in the same place and should always boot etc and
everything else on LVM? I think there was a scheme like that. With
not exactly (i am not going to dive into details since i don't think it
is relevant to the list)
but hp-ux is designed for hp-9000 hardware, while linux is designed to
support a much broader range of hardware (including shitty hardware like
the PC)

Linux, /boot and initrd's could be arranged like that. That is what root
How is that different from what we already have now using lilo and an
lvm aware initrd? except that we don't have any constraint on placing
the kernel and initrd (except for hardware limitation of said shitty
platform)

L.
--
Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it