Re: [linux-lvm] /boot on lvm?

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 02:03:27PM +0300, Harri Haataja wrote:
If there was something I set out to say in that message, maybe it was:
Would there be a way to arrange kernel and initrd into a position where
the bootloader (including especially grub) can find it without using a
specific partition for it? Then, for example, you could raid1 two whole
disks, mark the md device as a pv and install a system on volumes there.
i don't grub much, my personal belief is that linux has too many
hw/filesystem combinations for it to work perfectly.
what you say could be done if not for a minor glitch, i don't remember
if this has been changed with lvm2.
'there is no room inside the VGDA to store a boot sector'

L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it
       Communication Media & Services S.r.l.