Re: [linux-lvm] Software raid on top of lvm logical volume

Markus Baertschi wrote:

You can make life easier by creating several raid arrays on the same disks and tie them together with LVM.
For example split your three 160GB drives into 4 partitions each and create a raid over the three disks.

sda -> sda1+sda2+sda3+sda4, etc.
md0 = sda1+sdb1+sdc1, md1=sda2+sdb2+sdc2, etc.

And how exactly does that allow me to easily change how much RAID-0 or RAID-5 storage I have?

If I need more RAID-5 storage and I want to steal it from RAID-0 space, I need to dissassemble LVM, then software RAID, then repartition, then rebuild RAID, then restore LVM.
--
Michael T. Babcock
http://mikebabcock.ca