[linux-lvm] Re: Software raid on top of lvm logical volume

Michael T. Babcock mike at mikebabcock.ca
Mon Nov 1 16:01:39 UTC 2004

Peter T. Breuer wrote:

>>i do not believe you would have any advantage in stacking md above lvm
>>anyway.
>>

>That is right. In fact it sounds downright risky to me.

I've actually considered a few times how one might be able to merge the
md functionality into LVM2 (device-mapper) for having software-RAID part
of the logical volume system (since a software-RAID partition is a
logical volume of another type anyway).

It would require some significant effort, but it seems doable.
--
Michael T. Babcock
http://mikebabcock.ca