[linux-lvm] VGs not detected at startup

Markus Wiedmer - FHBB markus.wiedmer at stud.fhbb.ch
Mon Nov 8 13:46:31 UTC 2004

I'd be happy if this would work with me. Unfortunately a few seconds
(even an hour) will do nothing with my system. the VGs are still
unavailable.

I now found a work-around that seems to work so far. In the
LVM-Start-Script I just put "mount /dev/sda5 || true" before the vgscan. it
looks like after a mount-command the system suddenly finds the VG.
strange...

markus