[linux-lvm] Creating PV over a /dev/mapper device

Alasdair G Kergon agk at redhat.com
Mon Nov 8 14:28:11 UTC 2004

On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 10:35:57PM +0100, Roman Medina-Heigl Hernandez wrote:
> First, thanks for your fast answer. I added the "device-mapper" type
> but it is still not working. Example:

    # List of pairs of additional acceptable block device types found
    # in /proc/devices with maximum (non-zero) number of partitions.
    # types = [ "fd", "device-mapper", 16 ]

Firstly the line is commented out;
secondly make it:
  types = [ "device-mapper", 16 ]

You can run 'lvm dumpconfig' to check what settings have actually
been read in from the config files.

> I've set-up lvm1 mode ('cause I read that it is more stable than lvm2)

Don't know where you read that but I'd strongly dispute it.

Alasdair
agk at redhat.com