Re: [linux-lvm] VGs not detected at startup

llsdo> On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 02:46:31PM +0100, Markus Wiedmer - FHBB wrote:
>> I now found a work-around that seems to work so far. In the
>> LVM-Start-Script I just put "mount /dev/sda5 || true" before the vgscan. it
>> looks like after a mount-command the system suddenly finds the VG.
>> strange...

llsdo> Apologies if this is something that's already been
llsdo> discussed (if so I missed it), and also
llsdo> for saying something that you've almost definitely covered but......

llsdo> Check to see if there's any autoloading of modules, or
llsdo> anything, going on as a result of the
llsdo> mount/fdisk?

llsdo> Also (instead of the mount) does a 'dd' work?  E.g. dd
llsdo> if=/dev/sda of=/dev/null bs=512
llsdo> count=1?

llsdo> That's going to be faster & probably less intrusive.

llsdo> Graham

thanks a lot for your hint. it really was a module (sd_mod) that was
not loaded at boottime. everything works now like a charm

thanks

markus

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen