[linux-lvm] LVM Config Files

Jetkins at austinlogistics.com Jetkins at austinlogistics.com
Wed Nov 17 23:59:57 UTC 2004

"Krzysztof" <kris at grabki.3c.pl>  wrote on 11/17/2004 03:54:26 PM:

> One of disk (hdb1) is showing errors, and smart show me that it will die.
Is
> there any chance to free _exacly_ all pe from hdb1, and only from this
disk

Doubtless others will correct me if I have this wrong, but I believe what
you want is:

      pvchange -x n /dev/hdb1
to prevent any new allocations on that PV, followed by
      pvmove /dev/hdb1
to move existing PE's from that PV to the others.

Check the manpages for options such as -v (verbose), and as always, having
a good backup is highly recommended.

> Ps. I know. My english isn't perfect. Sorry for that.

Your English is a darned sight better than my Polish! :)

Jon Etkins
IT Administration & Support
Austin Logistics, Inc
ph:  (512) 651-5641