[linux-lvm] LVM wont work

David Sandberg glassbil at msn.com
Wed Nov 17 21:16:50 UTC 2004

I ran into a problem after I had installed some fans in my computer.
I used the same cable to the same disc etc. But it didnt work after
I rebooted. I might have a diffrent PCI slot of my controller card, im
not sure. But I dont know if that make any diffrence.

root at christina:~# mount /dev/warez/vares /glftpd/site/
mount: /dev/warez/vares is not a valid block device

root at christina:~# pvscan
pvscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/hde1"  is associated to unknown VG "warez" (run
vgscan)
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/hdf1"  is associated to unknown VG "warez" (run
vgscan)
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/hdc"   is associated to unknown VG "warez" (run
vgscan)
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/hdc1"  is associated to unknown VG "warez" (run
vgscan)
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/hdd3"  is associated to unknown VG "warez" (run
vgscan)
pvscan -- total: 5 [316.09 GB] / in use: 5 [316.09 GB] / in no VG: 0 [0]

root at christina:~# vgscan
vgscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
vgscan -- ERROR "vg_read_with_pv_and_lv(): current PV" can't get data of
volume group "warez" from physical volume(s)
vgscan -- "/etc/lvmtab" and "/etc/lvmtab.d" successfully created
vgscan -- WARNING: This program does not do a VGDA backup of your volume
group

Any idea how to solve this?

Best Regards
David