[linux-lvm] HA Fileserver configuration recommendation sought.

David Aquilina dwaquilina at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 02:48:48 UTC 2004

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 18:18:16 -0800, Dan Stromberg
<strombrg at dcs.nac.uci.edu> wrote:
> Since the Redhat purchase, my understanding is that this previous
> roadmap has been scrapped, and there are no longer any immediate plans
> to raise the GFS filesystem size limit from 2 terabytes to 16 terabytes
> - in which case, you can pretty much just use NFS, unless you're stuck
> with small disks or low density servers.  :)

As far as I understand it, right now RHEL3's 2.4 kernel is the cause
of the 2TB hard limit. Once everything moves to RHEL4/2.6, you should
be able to get significantly higher than the current limit, especially
on AMD64 hardware.

I could be completely wrong, though.

--
David Aquilina, RHCE