Re: [linux-lvm] Re: lvextend error on XFS

Frank J. Buchholz wrote:

I then noticed that the filesystem on LogVol00 was no longer available
and when I ran xfs_repair it stated the following:
# xfs_repair /dev/Volume00/LogVol00 Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
superblock read failed, offset 0, size 524288, ag 0, rval 0

fatal error -- Invalid argument

Hello Måns
I now realize how I created this problem, I just don't know how to fix it.

I mistakingly added /dev/sba as the physical volume to a volume group that contained /dev/sba1, the one partition on sba. These are essentially one in the same. So when I executed the lvextend command device-mapper had an error. I'm honestly surprised it did anything, especially write over the superblock on the filesystem.

Any direction on how I can recover from within LVM? I never was able to execute the xfs_grow so I'm hoping the data in the filesystem still exists.

try xfs_repair -n -o /dev/Volume00/LogVol00 Then remove the -n

(man xfs_repair)

David