[linux-lvm] Installation of LVM on AS 2.1 - kernel 2.4.9-e.3

Title: Installation of LVM on AS 2.1 - kernel 2.4.9-e.3

Hi,

I try to install LVM on my Red Hat AS2.1 server and have the following problem :

After the installation of the lvm package 1.0.3 and of the kernel source package of 2.4.9-e.3, i have to run

Configure
Make
Make install.

During the configure part, i always get a message that it did not find  a Makefile in the /usr/src/linux directory.
My source directory of the redhat is /usr/src/linux/SOURCES and there is no Makefile there. The Makefile for the
Lvm package is in the direvctory from where i try to install LVM nl /tmp/lvm/LVM/1.0.3.

Any idea what is missing here ?

Thanks in advance

Johan Segers