[linux-lvm] access to hhardware copy: conflicting uuids

gilles.massen at restena.lu gilles.massen at restena.lu
Fri Oct 15 07:56:45 UTC 2004

Hello everyone,

I am stuck with a problem with hardware copies: I have an IBM Fastt
Storage with the Flashcopy and  Volumecopy features, which allows me to
copy a complete drive. However, when making such a copy of a PV (only one
in my VG for the time beeing) I'm unable to access the PV on the same
host. The reason: "Found duplicate PV".
Is there a way to access such an hardware-copy LVMed drive on the same
host where the original drive is already in use? If yes, how? And if I
tried to access it on another host, could it conflict if on the second
host exists a VG with the same name?

Any insights are greatly appreciated...

Best,
Gilles