RE: [linux-lvm] Re: [OxLUG] LVM2 problems

> > Our primary problem is that creating snapshots occassionally hangs the
> > machine.
>
> Known issue now - unfortunately the fix involves a lot of coding and
> other things have a higher priority at the moment.

OK - I saw a previous post about this, but from that I wasn't sure that
it (a) killed the machine and (b) affected ext3 partitions.

It _is_ a problem with LVM2, and for me it's totally reproducible - with ext3, ext2 and xfs, but only on / LV's. I am slightly saddened by the fact that this has low pri at the moment though :-(
I am more than willing to shoot my testbed down a few times for anyone who's willing to help.

Kai.

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.com/