[linux-lvm] Large Partition Problems.

I have a system with a 3ware 9000-12 card with 12 250GB harddrives running fedora core2. I am wanting to use this setup with lvm2 but am having some problems with it. When I use the entire device /dev/sdb I can setup up the entire array ~2.3TB but when I try to partition the array ( I really need to) I can only get a maximum of ~230GB partition and the rest of the space is unusable. Is there anyone out there that has seen this problem or know how to fix it. Thanks

Judd Tracy
jtracy ist ucf edu