[linux-lvm] LVM and Ghost

Some of our admins are running into trouble running Norton Ghost on our RHEL ES 3.0 boxes. Ghost claims it doesn't recognize what's on the disk so it just does a raw dump of the entire (36 Gig) disk. This offers practically zero compression, so we're getting ghost images that are many times larger than the amount of actual used space on the machine.

The only difference I can think of between these machines and our other Linux boxes that ghost perfectly well is that these are using LVM. Is this causing the problem with Ghost? Has anyone else run into this? What can we do to get Ghost to recognize where the data is on the disk so we can get some sort of reasonably sized images? Anything?

--James