Thanks! [Re: [linux-lvm] "broken" snapshot volume -- how to remove?]

> And to run the lvm2 tools from where you compiled them,
> prefix each command with 'lvm' (in the tools directory).
> e.g. 'lvm vgscan'
>      'lvm lvdisplay'
>      'lvm lvremove vg1/snap1'
>
> Alasdair

Thank you for your help! It worked as you did describe.

I still have the backups in case someone wants to find out what went wrong
in the first place, but I guess no one is too interested in lvm1
anymore...

Best regards
--
Helge Bahmann <hcb chaoticmind net>                     /| \__
The past: Smart users in front of dumb terminals       /_|____\