[linux-lvm] LVM2 Device Permissions

I've just set up my first RAID 5 array and LVM2 volumes on a Debian Linux (sarge) system. We do backups from another machine in our network using Amanda. In trying to add this LVM machine to our backup scheme, I've run into a problem with backing up the LVM volumes. Amanda (I suppose the local client) complains that it doesn't have permission to access the LVM directories. The LVM volumes have permissions of (/dev/mapper) :

brw-------  1 root root 254,  2 Sep  9 02:20 server_vg-home1_lv
brw-------  1 root root 254,  3 Sep  9 02:20 server_vg-home2_lv
brw-------  1 root root 254,  4 Sep  9 02:20 server_vg-home3_lv

These are mounted on (/export) :

drwxr-xr-x   6 root root 4096 Sep  7 23:00 home1
drwxr-xr-x  23 root root 4096 Sep  8 10:36 home2
drwxr-xr-x   3 root root 4096 Sep  7 15:06 home3

So it seems that I need to change the LVM device partition permissions. I couldn't find anything about this on the web, so I thought I'd ask here if this is the right thing to do and if there are any issues or problems I'll introduce?

Thanks...