[linux-lvm] Unable to create lvm1 configurations

Stanley Yue stanley.yue at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 20:39:58 UTC 2004

Thanks Alasdair, your suggestion work.

However, I'm encountering yet another problem....;p
Looks like device-mapper always return an error on "cmd 13" when I
tried to create a lv:

[root at DAP-RHLNX1 2.4.21]# lvcreate -v -L 32 -n syueVol vg00-lvm1
  device-mapper ioctl cmd 13 failed: Invalid argument
  device-mapper ioctl cmd 13 failed: Invalid argument
    Finding volume group "vg00-lvm1"
    Creating logical volume syueVol
    Archiving volume group "vg00-lvm1" metadata.
    Creating volume group backup "/etc/lvm/backup/vg00-lvm1"
    Found volume group "vg00-lvm1"
    Zeroing start of logical volume "syueVol"
    Creating volume group backup "/etc/lvm/backup/vg00-lvm1"
  Logical volume "syueVol" created
[root at DAP-RHLNX1 2.4.21]#

Here are the version information:
LVM version 2.2.00.22