Re: [linux-lvm] massive LV corruption

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 07:49:45AM -0700, Clint Byrum spake thusly:
> Hans Reiser has stated that this is because each filesystem has a lock
> on it, so while writing to, say, /home/cvs, anybody else who wants to
> write to /home/cvs will have to wait. We have a CVS server where the

That's odd given that each hard drive can only physically write to one
place on the disk at a time anyhow due to head movement and that the
kernel caches the writes and lays them back out on the disk with some sort
of elevator algorithm.

> You said you were running 2.4.22.nptl or something.

Oops, right you are. That is what the box in question was and is running.
I was thinking of a different box with FC2 on it.

--
Tracy Reed                     The attachment is a digital signature.
http://copilotconsulting.com   More info: http://copilotconsulting.com/sig