[linux-lvm] Extending a LVM2 strip set

Hi

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/mapmode.html states:

"In LVM 2, striped LVs can be extended by concatenating another set of devices onto the end of the first set. So you can get into a situation where your LV is a 2 stripe set concatenated with a linear set concatenated with a 4 stripe set. Are you confused yet?"

As a matter of fact, I am!

I need to start with a 2 disk (therefore, 2 stripe) logical volume, that I later extend with 2 more disks.  How is this done?

Thanks

tl

Terry Lemons

CLARiiON Applications Integration Engineering

EMC²

where information lives

4400 Computer Drive, MS D239

Westboro MA 01580