[linux-lvm] which files, which physical volumes?

Steve Wray steve at myself.gen.nz
Fri Sep 24 06:31:15 UTC 2004

Luca Berra wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 02:29:37PM +1200, Steve Wray wrote:
>
>> Or maybe pvmove is *still* broken, in which case I need to find the
>> files which occupy that physical volume, move them to a different
>> logical volume altogether and then forcibly remove that physical
>> volume without regard to the files that are no longer on it... and
>> hopefuly this won't cause corruption on the filesystem on that logical
>> volume.
>
> this will certainly cause corruption.

So is there any other way to decomission that physical volume that
doesn't involve pvmove?

Actually, this just got more interesting because after the last
pvmove --abort I now get this error out of pvmove -tv;

Insufficient contiguous allocatable extents (780) for logical volume
pvmove0: 1292 required
Allocation for temporary pvmove LV failed

which is new.

I am guessing here, but if I moved some of the larger files out of that
logical volume, might pvmove be able to work around this?