[linux-lvm] re: Hello. About a bug in lvm2

Jord Tanner jord at indygecko.com
Thu Sep 23 17:22:10 UTC 2004

I had many problems with LVM2 on gentoo with the 2.6 kernel as well. My
solution was to first install the 2.6 kernel headers (linux26-headers),
recompile gcc, glibc, and glib, then install the latest unstable
versions of dev mapper and lvm tools (at that time it was
device-mapper-1.00.17 and lvm2-2.00.15). After that it worked
beautifully. As always YMMV.

(I should note that this was on a dual Opteron box, compiled in 64bit)

Jord Tanner

--
Jord Tanner <jord at indygecko.com>