Re: [linux-lvm] Relationship between Device Mapper and LVM2

Dear Sir,
Thanks a lot for your timely response. It has helped us a lot. Just one last query. When a user program issues a read command from a file residing on a logical volume, how does the call actually gets mapped onto the hard disk. We believe that the kernel passes the "generic" command to the device mapper which then makes the final translation on the basis of mapping tables stored with it. We just wanted to be sure that LVM2 code does figure in the translation of the read requests from the user applications to the disk.

Thanking you in advance,
Vivek