Re: [linux-lvm] Re: putting lvm autodetect into the kernel ala md

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 03:59:13AM +0800, Andy Sy wrote:

Dispensing with the need for an initrd is but a secondary concern, and fact is, I would also say that it brings a lot of flexiblity to the table. So no, having lvm autodetect in the kernel is not what I'm looking for. What we're looking for is good lvm support in LILO.

Christophe patches to lilo help a bit, but there still are limitations. http://www.saout.de/misc/

--
Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it
       Communication Media & Services S.r.l.