Re: [linux-lvm] Debian (Sarge) 2.6.8 lvm2 on software raid

Hi,

> # lvcreate -L 500 /dev/vg00
>   Volume group "vg00" doesn't exist

Did you try : lvcreate -L 500 vg00
I think you don't need the /dev

About the change in lvm.conf, I had to do it once,
for using LVM over a /dev/mapper device.
Anyway it's just a filter you can change to tell LVM
what device it can or canot use for creating VG.
I'm quite sure you don't need to change anything to
be abble to use LVM over a software raid device.