[linux-lvm] RE: How to mirror or Replicate a primary server's data to asecondarymachine

To facilitate automatic failover you could take a look at heartbeat which is part of the Linux-HA project

	-----Original Message-----
	From: taroon-list-bounces redhat com on behalf of Gary Mansell
	Sent: Thu 4/14/2005 9:13 AM
	To: nahant-list redhat com; linux-lvm redhat com; taroon-list redhat com; linux-poweredge dell com
	Subject: How to mirror or Replicate a primary server's data to asecondarymachine

	I am considering whether to go down the path of a dual server, manual
	failover solution for one of my RHEL fileservers.
	I would have two identical servers in two different machine rooms on our
	site and if the main server failed then I would manually reconfigure the
	secondary server with the primary server's IP address so that the client
	machines can carry on working.
	Can anyone recommend to me what I need to do to mirror the data across
	the two servers so that updates to the primary server are also made to
	the secondary server

	Thanks in advance for any help
	Gary Mansell
	If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately
	and delete this e-mail from your system.  Please note that any views or opinions
	presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
	represent those of Ricardo (save for reports and other documentation formally
	approved and signed for release to the intended recipient).  Only Directors
	or Duly Authorised Officers are authorised to enter into legally binding
	obligations on behalf of Ricardo unless the obligation is contained within
	a Ricardo Purchase Order.
	Ricardo may monitor outgoing and incoming e-mails and other telecommunications
	on its e-mail and telecommunications systems.  By replying to this e-mail you
	give consent to such monitoring.  The recipient should check this e-mail and
	any attachments for the presence of viruses.  Ricardo accepts no liability for
	any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.  "Ricardo" means
	Ricardo plc and its subsidiary companies.
	Ricardo plc is a public limited company registered in England with registered
	number 00222915.
	The registered office of Ricardo plc is Bridge Works, Shoreham-by Sea,
	West Sussex, BN43 5FG.
	Taroon-list mailing list
	Taroon-list redhat com