[linux-lvm] Snapshots and mmaped files.

I'm using lvm2 snapshots to do backups of several machines. (lvm2 2.00.33, device-mapper 1.01.00,
ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/dm/patches/2.6-unstable/2.6.9/2.6.9-udm1.tar.bz2 minus patch 13) (I've tried some newer patches, without success, but that'll be a separate mail).

The problem shows up with files that contains Berkeley databases. These files seem to be modified on both the original and the snapshot. They show up in my 'var' partition with imapd, and exim, and anything else that has a berkeley database opened, and modifies the file after the snapshot is taken.

The mtime of the file is not modified, only the contents. I suspect that if one side grew, then the size change would not be affected.

Thanks,
David Brown