[linux-lvm] How to resize a PV partition

Hello,
I have a disk partition(type 0x8e) that is the single PV for the VG
where my other partitions reside. I would like to recover the unused PEs
from this PV and use them to create a non-LVM regular parition at the
end of the disk. How do I:
B) move used PEs from the 'end' of the PV so that it can be resized?
A) resize the PV (previous messages suggest vgcfgbackup, edit backup
file, vgcfgrestore)
C) resize the type 0x8e partition?(parted won't do it)

Thanks.