[linux-lvm] LVM2 on RAID

Hi All

I use gentoo, lvm2, raid (lvm on top of raid-1).  My problem is that the
kernel doesn't automatically detect my /dev/md[2-8] as the partitions are set
to 8e (LVM2) instead of 0xFD ... the solution I have at the moment is to append
md=2,/dev/sdXY,/dev/sdAB and so forth to my grub.conf.

Is it safe to change the partition types from 8e to 0xFD? will I break my lvm?

Many thanks

Christian.