[linux-lvm] Saving files from full failing volume

Chris Jensen cjensen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 00:47:16 UTC 2005

> With a larger budget, you could buy double disk space and mirror the
> volume (similar to RAID10). Depending on your budget, though, I guess
> that may well not be possible.

It's for personal use, so I don't have that budget - if I did, then I
wouldn't be scrounging for recovery space in the first place :-)

So it seems, unless the data on the partition is without value, or you
can afford enough disks to setup mirroring, I'd be better off just
paritioning the two disks sepeartely and using a sym link farm!

Damn, I was looking forward to playing with LVM.

Chris