[linux-lvm] Moving space between logical volumes?

I have a volume group with 4 logical volumes. One of the logical volumes has
a huge amount of space allocated to it, and another is running out of its
space.

I am assuming there is a way to re-allocate space from the one with lots of
space to the one that is running out. I am nervous about using losing data
with a reduce-extend combination of commands. Can someone who has done this
explain exactly how this is done (safely)?

Thanks,

-Howard

Howard Meadows                 howard-meadows uiowa edu
ITS - SPA, Unix Systems Group              319-335-5519
The University of Iowa                    Iowa City, IA