[linux-lvm] LVM problems

Kelly Harding kelly.harding at ntlworld.com
Wed Dec 7 01:47:49 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've just brought my Debian Linux box back up after a power failure and
now my LVM set up seems to be non-functional.

I'm not very clued up on LVM tbh, but it has worked so far fine for ages.

I get the following error if I try  to run 'vgchange -a y 3diskvolume:

device-mapper ioctl cmd 11 failed: Invalid argument
   _deps: task run failed for (254:0)
   Failed to add device (254:0) to dtree
   1 logical volume(s) in volume group "3diskvolume" now active

It obviously won't mount after that as mount tells me it can't find the
superblock etc.

any ideas? is one of the discs dead?

Thanks,

Kelly