Re: [linux-lvm] LVM onFly features

On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 22:38 -0500, Mag Gam wrote:
> thanks everyone for their kind replies.
>
> So, will LVM and FS (ext2/3 in particular )ever be considered as 1?
> This would be nice for ease of devt.

If they would be considered as one, it wouldn't be LVM anymore. LVM is a
pure block device layer, and as such will always have to FS layered
above.

However, stuff like Solaris ZFS does make sense, too, if you ask me.
Having a filesystem managing several block devices allows for pretty
neat stuff, such as per-file replication or striping, which would be
really sweet.

That said, such a thing would, of course, be completely unrelated to
LVM.

Fredrik Tolf