Re: [linux-lvm] multiple lvm2-snapshots on the same origin -> device-mapper error

Patrick Reinhardt schrieb:
Hi!
Thank you for the hints.

Alasdair G Kergon schrieb:

We don't have a solution for that particular problem yet, but we do

have code

changes that should avoid the risk of the system locking up when it

happens.

In fact I need about 40 snapshots of a single filesystem for xen. Do you
have any idea how to circumvent the problem? Maybe by creating 3
identical origin filesystems and distribute the snapshots?
Looks to me like you really want a kind of cluster filesystem ...

Ciao
Klaus
--
Mit freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen / best regards

Klaus Strebel, Dipl.-Inform. (FH), mailto:klaus strebel gmx net

/"\
\ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
 X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
/ \