Re: [linux-lvm] Recovery of data in LVM from a corrupt disk

Hi

I tried to see my data from knoppix, but for what I remember knoppiux does not support LVM.
From your links I found
http://dcs.nac.uci.edu/~strombrg/EXT3-filesystem-recovery-in-LVM2.html
Which seems to give some tricks. I don't know if this is capable to work.

But it seems that LVM project does not take care about that and I find very bad for such a project to give no exit way for such a problem.

It should have some recovery guide documentation in the project.

Thank's to Andy. I hope that your links can be usefull for some people.

Best regards

Andre Legendre

Andy Smith <andy strugglers net> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 03:42:39AM -0800, Hale India wrote:

> Hi Andy :
> Disks was not broken. Mother board was.
> ! I don't remember any hints.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2005-December/msg00107.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2005-December/msg00108.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2005-December/msg00111.html

What exact problems do you face once you boot a machine with your
disks in it and do a vgscan?