[linux-lvm] Recovery of data in LVM from a corrupt disk

Hale India hale_india at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 22 12:43:46 UTC 2005

Hi

 I tried to see my data from knoppix, but for what I remember knoppiux does not support LVM.
 From your links I found
 http://dcs.nac.uci.edu/~strombrg/EXT3-filesystem-recovery-in-LVM2.html
 Which seems to give some tricks. I don't know if this is capable to work.

 But it seems that LVM project does not take care about that and I find very bad for such a project to give no exit way for such a problem.

 It should have some recovery guide documentation in the project.

 Thank's to Andy. I hope that your links can be usefull for some people.

 Best regards

 Andre Legendre

Andy Smith <andy at strugglers.net> wrote: On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 03:42:39AM -0800, Hale India wrote:

>    Hi Andy :
>    Disks was not broken. Mother board was.
>    I don't remember any hints.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2005-December/msg00107.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2005-December/msg00108.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2005-December/msg00111.html

What exact problems do you face once you boot a machine with your
disks in it and do a vgscan?