Re: [linux-lvm] Building lvm2 against 2.6.10...

On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 11:23:49PM -0700, Gerald Schepens wrote:
Luca Berra wrote:

On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 01:48:07AM -0700, Gerald Schepens wrote:

The configure script fails for lvm2 with the following...

checking linux/fs.h usability... no
checking linux/fs.h presence... no
checking for linux/fs.h... no
configure: error: bailing out

There isn't much of use in the config.log.

well, there should be something, maybe something referring to pgoff_t?

check you have defined pgoff_t in /usr/include/linux/types.h

Actually, I just wasn't looking far enough up in the config.log. I found a few of the problems but I haven't been able to get the thing to compile. Here's the skinny:

- The asm directory doesn't exist in the linux-2.6.10 subdirectory. There are only asm-ppc, asm-x86_64, asm-i386, etc. So I made a symlink to the appropriate one in /usr/include.

i don't know which linux distro you are using, but relying on the kernel for includes is bad practice. anyway if you do you better do at least a make oldconfig in the kernel tree.

- There is no header file that I could find anyway, called libdevmapper.h. I symlinked it to device-mapper.h.
you have to build and install the device mapper.

- Now, there's some kind of problem with the definition of sector_t.

sorry my scrying orb is out of order.

L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it