Re: [linux-lvm] converting ext3 / to LVM

Le 30.01.2005 20:36:38, messmate a écrit :
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:33:10 +0000
"Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)" <jean-luc coulon wanadoo fr> wrote:

[ .. ]
I don't find it neither, do you have any reference?
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/index.html
This one :
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/multpartitions.html

I've done the migration some time ago from etx3 non LVM to xfs LVM.
Only the migration of the root filesystem is a bit tricky. But this is

not really more diffult that moving a (non LVM) system to a new HDD.

To be clear: It is *always* unsafe to move data over partitions I've done it and never got any problem

But, just is case of, I've backups.

mess-mate

Jean-Luc