Re: [linux-lvm] Removing faulty disk from LVM2

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 10:49:15AM +0100, Magnus Nilsson wrote:
> Through pvmove'ing parts of the PV I've narrowed it down to PE #14858 of
> 38154 4MB PE's.

> Is there any way of just skipping that last PE and let me repair the
> filesystem afterwards? Perhaps by vgcfgrestore'ing an edited backup,
> excluding the broken PV?

Firstly, pvmove --abort abandons a pvmove cleanly.

Two ideas:
  Use dmsetup directly to hide the problematic PE.
e.g. dmsetup table vg1-lvol1 to display the table,
  Work out which sector(s) are the problem and replace them with
  an 'error' line

  Edit a (current) VG backup file to 'move' 1 extent elsewhere.
e.g. 1 segment containing the problematic extent turns into 3 segments

Alasdair
--
agk redhat com