[linux-lvm] HA Functionality for LVM

Thomas Meller thomas.meller at gmx.net
Sat Feb 12 14:59:54 UTC 2005

Hello Joerg,

LVM is not cluster aware. There is a descendant named EVMS. You can find it
on sourceforge. I have no idea about it's status.
We are using LVM on a self-designed HA solution. It is really hostile when
you use RAID underneath. There is a free command line utility named SCU to
solve concurrency problems. We are still evaluating it. Some painstaking
work, though.

Good luck

Thomas
-----------------
thomas
| .dot. |
meller AT
GMX
? .dot. ?
net

> Hi there,
>
> i have the question if there is a ha functionality for lvm especially
> to activate one vg in excusive mode (like hp lvm). Or are there other ways
> do this ?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards
>

> Jörg Middendorf
> Tengelmann Warenhandelsgesellschaft KG
> Betriebssysteme Unix / Linux
> Wissollstr. 5-43
> 45478 Mülheim
> Deutschland
> Tel: 0208-5806-6625
> Fax: 0208-5806-6804
> e-mail : middendorf at uz.tengelmann.de
> Groupmail : unixadm at uz.tengelmann.de
> http: www.tengelmann.de

DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Supergünstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl